Monday, August 23, 2010

Pregnant Woman! Why do you ask for peoples advice about the health of your baby?

Do you not think it would be more appropriate to ask a doctor at your local clinic or hospital? Especially if its about pains? Or am I just being a bit daft?Pregnant Woman! Why do you ask for peoples advice about the health of your baby?
pregnancy, especially if its the first one can be very confusing for a woman bc there's SO many changes in your body! rather than be the ';crazy mommy'; that calls the doctor every 5 minutes, i picked up a copy of ';What to Expect While You're Expecting';. its the most helpful pregnancy book ever! not every little problem needs a doctor (like a yeast infection is normal and can be treated over the counter meds) but sometimes a hormonal pregger woman likes to have her fears quelled. most mommies know when to call the dr!Pregnant Woman! Why do you ask for peoples advice about the health of your baby?
Speaking for myself, I ask questions while I am waiting for my appointment. Unfortunately, in this day and age in Canada, you cannot call for an appointment one minute and get in the next. It usually takes days to get an appointment, sometimes more.





So it is nice to get advice from other people who may have been in a similar situation and have some insight to provide. so yes, you are being a bit daft to assume that these women have not already made medical appointments. When you are pregnant and worried, waiting for an appointment seems like an eternity. What's wrong with getting opinions in the meantime???
As a pregnant woman myself, i like to ask other fellow pregnant mothers for advice. I'm barely in my first trimester so i turn to women who have already been pregnant or in later trimesters. it's just more convenient and free to turn to a friend than to hassle trying to get a doctor. also, there's just this trust factor you have with a friend, hence, feeling more comfortable to open up with questions.





i was having pains in my abdomen, and i did talk about it with non-pregnant friends first just for the sake of opinion. maybe the hormones were just getting to me? maybe i was just hungry? i tried developing my own conclusion based on peer's opinions before i go into the doctor's office just so i have a tad bit of understanding of what i'm feeling.
How much time does your doctor give you when you see a doctor? Do you ever get to chat with her? Really, there is so little time in the visit to get all the information you need to to really get that information fleshed out - and relating your personal experience to what the doctor said is not the same as relating it to someone else's personal experience.





Doctors DO NOT have all the answers, first of all they are human, secondly I HAVE NEVER gotten good advice on nursing an infant from a doctor nor have I had a doctor on my beck and call in any event. When I have asked about my infant's development they say ';That's normal.'; And offer no examples of why that's normal, which is really more reassuring then telling me it's normal - because not all doctors have the personal experience they have the data.





Yes you are being a bit daft and too narrowly focused.
Well I don't know about other people but I know that I ask questions about things going on with me just to see other peoples opinons and to see if other people are going threw any of the same things and its nice to see how other people deal with the things they go threw but I dont know why people alway ask am I pregnant because they only way to know that would be to take a test
Good point....





It never ceases to amaze me that people come here with what appear to be quite serious issues that require fairly prompt attention.





Surely this is the last place you'd come under the circumstances...this is just for fun and if you have the time.





If my cat was ill I'd take it to a vet before wasting my time here never mind my child.





So no, you're not being daft...you're one of the few sane people here.
yeah i often think that , but i suppose they just want to know if anyone has experienced the same pains etc as what there having, if there pains were that serious im sure they would go to see the doctor,
It never hurts to get a second opinion. Specially when you're pregant, you need assurance as well as informed opinions. Every little bit counts.
you are quite right, it always amazes me why they do not ask the ante natal clinic or doctor, if they are so concerned
I don't know. If my daughter is sick, i would take her to the doctor not ask a question on YA.
oh shut up
  • makeup class
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment