Saturday, August 21, 2010

Clothing advice for a plus-size ';pear shaped'; woman?

Sorry if I ramble on a bit, but I suppose too much info is better than not enough :D


All sizes mentioned are in AUSTRALIAN measurements, just letting you know :)





Tomorrow is my birthday, and as a treat my mum is taking me out clothes shopping, because I desperately need some new outfits (right now my wardrobe goes as far as jeans and band t-shirts)!





I've looked around online, and according to descriptions, I am pear-shaped (hips, bottom and thighs bigger than upper half).


Although I do have large boobs (16D), my bum is verrry big. Right now I am a size 16, sometimes 18 depending on the make. I aim to move down to a comfortable 14, but come whatever may!


I am fairly short (approx. 5';3), if that helps.





Anyway, I've done an intense Google search, so I know the basics: steer away from skinny-leg jeans, layers, wear darker bootleg pants, etc.





But does anyone else have any advice for my clothes shopping? Any tips or suggestions of the kinds of clothing I should be going for? Links are welcomed!





I also need some reccomendations for shoes; the only pairs I wear are my sneakers to school, and my converses. I own a few pairs of boots, but I don't like wearing heels for anything other than special occasions. Any ideas?





Thank you soo much in advance. :)Clothing advice for a plus-size ';pear shaped'; woman?
I am plus size and I can tell you that I found a lot of comfort in my clothing style since I started shopping at Ashley Stewart http://www.ashleystewart.com/ . I feel like I can finally look elegant without looking funny.Clothing advice for a plus-size ';pear shaped'; woman?
well if you want to impress guys, then focus on which clothing makes your best qualities of your body stand out. which from the way you make it sound, is your breasts. so i would focus on something that shows great cleavage.
Wow, your body sounds NICE. I'm sorry this is no help to the question you're asking but I just had to comment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment