Monday, August 23, 2010

My boyfriend of 8 years left me for another woman. We have a child together. Please give me some advice?

My boyfriend (who is 33, I am 29) and I have been together for 8 years. We have a 5 year old daughter. He left me for a 21 year old woman who he says he fell in love with and makes him feel better than anyone ever has, within two hours of talking to her. I had no idea we were having any problems or anything was wrong. I was so happy with him. Besides being hurt, betrayed and upset, I can't stop thinking our daughter is going to be affected by this because of this long distance relationship with this new woman. He also has an older son from a previous relationship. He is in a cover band, and travels a lot. I am wondering if he will be gone much more than before. I don't know what to do. We have no custody arrangement or anything. I didn't think there was any need for that. I don't want him to hate me, but do I need to see a lawyer?My boyfriend of 8 years left me for another woman. We have a child together. Please give me some advice?
Not being married gave him an easy way out of the relationship. He knew all along he could do that.





When couples don't get married and just live together, it is usually the guy who does not want to get married. Mostly because of what happened to you. They like having an easy escape route. If you two were married, he would not be able to just walk away like that so easily.





You need to get an attorney and so what if he hates you over this. You need to protect yourself and your daughter. He is not willing. He is only thinking about himself.My boyfriend of 8 years left me for another woman. We have a child together. Please give me some advice?
Well I am divorced and my son was about 4 at the time- it will NOT be easy for your daughter. I'd give you a lecture about how you should have been married when you had a kid but you dont want to hear it... I would get the custody issue resolved- if you dont think he will be compliant with your interests, do NOT talk to him about it- go straight to a lawyer. You may love him and may not have seen this coming but he screwed you over once and will again- trust me
For your daughter's sake, you need to see an attorney as soon as possible.





You need to establish custody, and you need to establish child support. It isn't about making him hate you - it's about making sure your daughter receives the financial support she deserves.
I would say ';Good riddance'; he's a jerk. If he ever wants to come back to you, slam the door in his face. Your going to be just fine raising your daughter by yourself. I would never put my daughter thew the pain of it all. Now you need a lawyer for child support. And ring him dry.
RUN to a lawyer.


This guy seriously needs to grow up, is the new love a groupie?





This happened to me at 24 years, except our kids were grown. I am a lot happier now than I ever was with the ex.
Why should he hate you? You didn't do anything, did you? This sounds like it was all him.
The guy left you high and dry for some bimbo he just met! Of course you need to see a lawyer, set up child support payments and a visitation schedule. It doesn't have to be vindictive in nature but it does have to be done. You can't expect someone who acts like this to be responsible on his own!





Also, yes your daughter is going to be afected by this. How much is going to up to you. Despite your confusion and hurt you have to maintain control for her sake. Answer her questions to the best of your ability without putting her dad down. And is she asks something you don't have an answer for, it is okay to tell her you just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment