Saturday, July 31, 2010

Where can I get relationship advice for dating a woman who gave up her child to his father?

OK, so I am in a unique situation. The woman I am dating has an autistic son and when I met her, she was separated, but not divorced yet. We both lived in Illinois and both planned on staying, but later, we both changed our minds to go to Georgia to be with her family. In doing so, she got divorced, but she gave up custody of her son so that she would only see him during the summer while he was not in school. She had to because she could not financially support him and he could.





Am I crazy to date a woman like this? It just does not seem normal. Is there something wrong with her? Priorities? I am not really this dumb, I just have a lot of faith in people and think that everything will be OK.





I have asked her about moving back to Illinois to be with her son (whom is 5) and she says its none of my business. I just don't know what to do.....any advice? I love her, but don't know what to do....I try to tell her we to move back to IL to be with him, ,but she doesn't listen.Where can I get relationship advice for dating a woman who gave up her child to his father?
This is her decision and if she can't afford him, she did the right thing. My boyfriend does the same thing with his girls. He gets them over summers and for 1/2 of the breaks they get over school. It's not a bad thing. Yeah it sucks but, the child learns to deal. Stop bothering her. She needs to take care of herself before she can take care of a child.Where can I get relationship advice for dating a woman who gave up her child to his father?
Is good and bad as far as the financial is concern. Maybe leaving her son or even giving him away would be better suited to him, her young son. Maybe she is just the type of a person that keeps things inside her and doesn't want anyone else knowing that she is hurting inside. This way, it is good because she cares about her son. Bad because I will never ever leave my daughter to my ex, ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure of it. I would seriously talk to her, and if this don't work and she still tells you to butt out!!, then you know it is up to you to actually think and see where your future go, you know what I mean? Especially, if you are planning on having children with her. Also going back to where you said about going back to IL so that she can be with her son; She doesn't want to go back there because it would be harder to deal with her emotions right now knowing that her son is so close to her and she gave him up, you know? I think it is her way of trying to forget him in her mind, maybe she can heal quicker; whatever it is, WE BOTH DON'T KNOW, UNTIL SHE START TO TALKING. I wish you the best of luck in whatever decision you make, and I hope that when you do decide to choose either be with her or not, is that you don't regret anything. Think it really hard in every angles and making sure that for every angles, all have the same answer, ok? You are a smart man and very wise, so I say to you GOOD LUCK!
No-she does not have her priorities in order. She should be moving her a*s back to Illinois so she can see and be with her child more often. Think about what this is doing to the child, growing up without a mother. There's no problem with her giving custody to the child's dad because he is more financially secure. She just needs to live close by so she can see the child often. She's making a big mistake. Shame on her!!!
follow your heart.
It's not crazy for you to date her, you obviously see something there and want to make a go of it.


It's hard for me to understand what she's thinking with her son, my son comes first and nothing less but I'm sure she has her reasons.


You need to try and discuss this with her when she's ready to talk (sounds like she's not ready)


My only concern is if you would like to have children with her, that is something you will need to think about seriously. If you are willing to take on the main parenting role then things should be ok, it seems she doesn't enjoy being a parent (Possible due to the Autism)





I think you should follow your heart but think about your future too.





Good luck! I am interested to see how this works out for you
It seems that she does have her priorities in order. She knows that she cannot financially support her son and wants him to have a better life with his father. Maybe she's just afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment