Thursday, July 29, 2010

Anyone have advice for a married woman who is also still in love with high school sweetheart?

When I was in high school, I dated someone for about two and a half years. We loved each other very much and even thought we might get married some day. One night, things went terribly wrong and I told him that I didn't want to see him anymore. We talked again a few weeks later and I told him that I couldn't be his friend. We lost touch for about ten years. Then I got a call. He had found my parents' phone number and my mom had a message to call him. He had been injured while in the army and wanted to speak to me. We talked and I could tell he was disappointed to find out that I was married. He said he had tried to find me many times, but was unsuccessful. Months later, I was still thinking about him. It took me about a year, but I finally found him again. He has married since then and now has a child. We have been in touch off and on, but I think about him constantly. I'm still in love with him after all of this time. What can I do?Anyone have advice for a married woman who is also still in love with high school sweetheart?
I think a lot has to do with how your relationship is with your husband. If you love him then you have just found out that it is possible to be in love with two different men.





All you can do is keep that first love tucked in your heart until there is a time that you would be free to pursue it. It wouldn't be fair to your current husband or your friends wife if you two started cheating.





Keep in touch, and you can even tell him how you feel, just don't act on it.





I wish you luck.Anyone have advice for a married woman who is also still in love with high school sweetheart?
You're welcome, I know how it is, I've been there myself. Hugs.

Report Abuse



Nothing, the guy you knew no longer exist. keep him in your fantasies. Love your husband. you will always feel this way about him. Enjoy the memory.Live in the present. Only ill could come from this, too many lives involved.
what you need to do if have a qickey with him then you can go on with you life just my opinion
Keep it as friends, don't be a home recker, and remember your own wedding vowels. Its not worth possibly losing them both.
Could it be that you havent talk to him or is it because you are missing something in your life.I know he might have been your sweetheart but you shouldnt be taking your self through this because you both have a family
It is nothing wrong with think about another frind that mean you still care but if he marry and you are marry then know how far to go with what you feel about him. It will pass away the old feeling you have.
girl the shoulda-coulda-woulda's will kill ya let it go, realize its just not going to happen at least anytime soon, just imagine if someone was speaking to your husband and wanting him back how would you feel??
ya pick one already n stop dickin around with it, it aint fair, cheatin isnt worth it, i should know, it only causes pain to everyone so dont go there..just pick one already n move on. i wouldnt trade my man for no one ...it aint worth losen what i have with him and then some.
I am in the same situation you are but mine lives 6 miles form me %26amp; it is very hard to when he has made comments to people that tolerate him that He should have married me when he had the chance %26amp; his parents when ever I see them they say the same thing but not for him that is there thought he is still yet to find someone to marry Good Luck %26amp; let me know how things go
Don't let whatifs ruin your life. Live with what you have and be happy. Don't start second guessing yourself and your situation at this stage. People grow up and change. The feelings you had for him back then may not be sufficient or adult enough to get you through a relationship now.
If you have a friendship with him, then leave it at that. He is married, and you are married. But, you can be thankful for your friendship.
YOU NEED TO MOVE ON. BOTH OF YOU ARE MARRIED


WITH FAMILY, AND THAT SHOULD BE WHAT IMPORTANT


TO HYOU. BECAUSE THERE ARE MORE THAN YOU THAT


INVOLVED IN THIS AND AND THE WORST THING YOU


CAN DO IS ALLOW THIS TO BECOME A PROBLEM. MANY


WILL BE HURT BY YOUR ACTIONS.

No comments:

Post a Comment