Monday, July 26, 2010

For all women unable to have biological children...I'm wondering....advice please!?

I was adopted by loving parents at the age of 8 months. I am now 21 and pregnant. My mom was unfortunately unable to have any biological children because of fibroids and cysts on her ovaries and uterus. I am wanting to move back in with her and my dad so that they can experience this pregnancy with me. Is this a good idea? I haven't yet spoken with them about it, would it be too hard on my mom because she was never able to experience any of this herself? Any advice is needed. Thanks!!!For all women unable to have biological children...I'm wondering....advice please!?
As a woman who has similar fertility problems and the adoptive mom of a super little girl I hope my advice helps.





In my own personal opinion it would not be a problem for me....it's sweet your think of her but mom is going to love having you home and being able to spend time with her grandchild.


I hope someday I will be a grandmother and I hope that if dd was facing a pregnancy either planned or not I would hope and pray she would turn to her dad and I.





I have never been able to carry my pregnancies to term but I have been pregnant so I understand how emotionally and physically demanding it can be. A girl needs her mom when she is pregnant whether she is sixteen or twenty-six. Talk to mom and mention your concerns but I honestly do not think it would even cause mom a second thought.....after all your going to be a mommy this will be such and exciting time for all of you!!!!!!!





Congratulations and Good Luck :-)For all women unable to have biological children...I'm wondering....advice please!?
I think there's nothing wrong with wanting your parents around for support during pregnancy, delivery and postpartum. It's a huge change in your life and it's important to have people around you who love you.





I would talk to your mom and see how she feels about that. Were it my daughter (I have secondary infertility. One child, but for an unknown reason, can't have more.) I would be honored to be part of the event.





You would need to find a doctor, of course, and transfer your medical records. It would be a good idea to see the new doctor as much as possible before the delivery. But people move and change medical providers all the time, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.





Good luck!
I wouldn't think that it would be hard on her after all these years. I recently had a little girl and my sister is unable to have biological children but has an adopted son. I was really worried about how it would effect her, but it actually brought us closer together. She helped me SO much with stuff that I needed to know once the baby was born and she even threw me a baby shower. Every once in awhile she would ask me questions about what pregnancy was like and I just answered honestly. I think your mom would love to have you in the house, you are afterall having her grandchild. Good luck!
I think she would be very excited. It will be a chance to experiance all the FUN parts of childbrith for her as a grandmother. I think it will be a great bonding experiance for all three of you. Its not as if she is still trying every month to get pregnant. I think she will be very happy to share this with you! Good luck!
She would love for you to be there and to experience it with you. You are sweet.
Ask her what she want to do? She may love the idea or not? Be open and honest
I was infertile for 2 years....I have to say that being around a lot of strangers who were pregnant sometimes got to me, but only on like the 1st day of my period and then I was ok.





I looked at it as it wasn't as though there was only one baby in the world and the other person got it instead of me.





I was always happy for people I loved....no issue there...strange eh?





That said she's your mom and she loves you! I'd want to experience that with my daughter. I have one now, and I'd want to be there. Moms can overlook there own pain when it comes to their kids...you'll see.





That said, talk to her openly...I know people did it because they loved me and were concerned...but people tap dancing around me was REALLY annoying. I found out my best friend was pregnant again because she was waiting for a way to tell me and someone else did first...that REALLY hurt.





CONGRATS and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment