Saturday, July 31, 2010

I NEED YOUR ADVICE RE: A WOMAN SPEAKING UP FOR WHAT SHE WANTS?

MY husband is out of town. He is involved with coaching my sons activities in every sport. He is out of town. My drive for work is 2 hours each way. the team my son was put on for the Fall Baseball, was one of Jeff's good friends team however it was another half and hour each way and the practice was two hours long. I just couldnt do it I thought twice a week. I was trying to get a hold of the coach and he wasnt responding I needed to know if carpool arrangements could be made or if I should just go to a more local team. I didnt hear practice was starting so I called the age group league organizer and he put him just like that on another team for me. My son went to practice the team had been practicing already for two weeks and my son is a great athlete and they treated him like a newcomer. The next day the coach on the original team emails and says come to practice we can mae carpool arrangements the practices are over because its a short season he explained to me it wont be so bad. Dylan my son came home not happy with that team he was put on so I emailed the organizer and said hey look Dylan wants to be put back on the other team and here are the reasons which I just told you, and because Dylan wasnt happy. So my son goes to the original team practice he was originally placed on because i didnt hear back from the league organizer. My son came home so happy from practice. I emailed the organizer again and finally got a response saying Dylan is to remain on the other team he switched him too. I didnt like that response. Being a social worker i spoke my mind sent emails to both of my team coaches and my husbands friends, and they said leave it up to the league at this point. I spoke my mind and I said its not about how many kids you have on each team its about my kid being happy now, yes I appreciate what you did however the games havent started yet. You had the same amount of kids on that team if I hadnt asked to put Dylan on that team so what the big deal.


He emails me back he doesnt call, and sends making me feel guilty email that how he made all of these special arrangements to make this happen. This was all in a matter of 3 days. It wasnt a big deal. Then I found out when he emailed me that he was teh CDR of NAVSEA a local base down here so he's a control guy to begin with.





SHould I feel embarrassed here with my husbands friends because I do. I sent emails back and forth when this request of mine should have been simpler, yes I made the mistake in the beginning but was just trying to get answers and when I did it was too late and then my son wasnt at all happy, and it wasnt a big deal to puthim back on the team. I think he could have handled this better without emabarrasing me. But because he's got these positions of power I look bad, or do I? Because others want to impress him??





Need your advice. I did thank him gratefully in the end and left it at that.








I NEED YOUR ADVICE RE: A WOMAN SPEAKING UP FOR WHAT SHE WANTS?
Dont feel bad. whether it was 3 days, 5 days, a week or a month with no reply, even if he was in the wrong, he still wouldve tried to make you look like the idiot. Thats what Men are good at. He was embarressed because to him, you were making it a big deal, BUT...sorry sir, her sons happiness is a big deal. You were just trying to get to the bottom of things like any concerned parent. Dont feel bad at all. Guys have a way of making us feel bad, or really pressed for sticking up for ourselves. They try to tone down our feelings and emotions, and turn them against us. He probably wanted to embaress you just so you dont ';step out of your place again'; (%26lt;-- guys way of thinking) Dont feel the least bit sorry, yet your right to thank him, he did help out, you didnt do anything wrong.....Your a Good Mommy!!I NEED YOUR ADVICE RE: A WOMAN SPEAKING UP FOR WHAT SHE WANTS?
no You wanted something, out of your life . and you got it , you lucky thing, was there any harm done, go for it girl ps life is to short



geeze...short ans sweet pleeze!!


  • your cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment