Saturday, July 31, 2010

Any advice for a newly pregnant woman!!??

HEY everyone.


I just found out that I am pregnant. I'm 5 weeks and have seen the double line that will change my life forever. it's actually not as bas as i thought.....i'm not sick and my breasts only tingle-not even sore! I'm just really tired!!! Is this normal? Any words of advice? I appreciate all advice..this is my first and I'm completely new at this whole thing!!


Thank you!Any advice for a newly pregnant woman!!??
Hey Lola!


congratulations! I am pregnant too!! 6 weeks...I'm not sick either, morning sickness actually appears usually within the second month, and it is normal to be tired, and to feel the need for sleep all the time..you may also want to pee more often, and feel a little abdominal pain (very mild)...


My advice to you is to quit smoking of you are a smoker or at least reduce it, also do not drink alcohol, and eat a healthy food, full of well cooked vegetables (avoid salads) and very well cooked meat, unless you know what is your serological status for toxoplasmosis and rubella...no cats allowed as well if you do not have this information...you may also need iron and folic acid so you 'd better go see your doctor as soon as possible to have the prescriptions you may need (acid folic is very important during the first weeks of pregnancy, our body gets its intake mostly from green vegetables )...


And above all, my advice to you is to enjoy these wonderfull moments!!!Any advice for a newly pregnant woman!!??
for the tiredness ask your doctor for iron pills this should make you feel a little better. eat lots, and drink lots of water when you have your first scan this will give you a clear pic of your baby :) best of luck
get on prenatal vitamins ASAP





also, a Doula or Midwife are great references for more natural ways of dealing with pregnancy. (A doula is a trained pregnancy coach, often a midwife in training, and a midwife can be both a coach %26amp; perform delivery)





Massage therapy is REALLY good for pregnant women, unless you are high risk. - find someone who is trained specifically in prenatal massage %26amp; make sure they are certified or licensed in your state.





Try not to spend too much time on your back as this will effect the positioning of the baby (get a fitness ball! They are great for pregnant women!)





practice squatting %26amp; kegels right away %26amp; regularly to get your pelvic muscles trained for what's ahead... and have your partner massage your perinium (area between vulva %26amp; anus) with oil or lotion, bonding experience with them that will also prevent ripping, tearing or an episiotomy. (sp?)
Don't drink alchohol.
See a doctor as soon as possible so you can get on prenatal vitamins. Health care is very important. Also, find some cocoa butter cream to keep stretch marks at bay. Enjoy this time and find some cute maternity clothes. Have fun!
You sound a lot like me..I was only 5 weeks when I found out too. Yes it is very normal to feel tired alot. It takes alot from you for your body to support and creat this new life. I'm 7 months and still tired alot. And it's also normal not to have breast tenderness. I never had this whole time. As you get farther along and they start to fill with pre-milk, they may start to feel sore then. But as for the not throwing up, you are lucky. Alot of pregnant women I know never got sick the whole time, and I had stayed sick. Some days it's not so bad. But everything you are experiencing so far is normal. You seem to have nothing to worry about. Good Luck and Congrats!!!
Aww congratulations! I just found out yesterday that I'm expecting number 2!





The best advice I can give you is to enjoy your pregnancy, no matter how tired (which yes, is so normal), hormonal, or sore you are, because soon after you have the baby, you'll miss it :)
Congrats!! How exciting- and scary!! Get the book ';What to expect when your expecting';. It's great!! Feeling tired is completely normal. It's your body telling you to get more rest, so listen! Drink plenty of water and try whole food vitamens until you get your prenatal vitamens from your doctor. They are available at most health food stores. Be careful what you eat too! Remember, anything you eat, or drink, so does your baby. No more McDonald's fake food, no more diet soda, and a glass of wine every now and then is a good thing for you and your baby. Also, take every bit of advice with a grain of salt - everyone will be telling you so many things!! oh, and childbirth is not as bad as everyone says. I think moms like to scare other moms-to-be. Stay relaxed and good luck!!
It is normal. Get lots of rest and eat healthy food. Don't eat and eat and eat, the baby will still gain weight if you don't over eat. The extra weight is hard to lose.
Congrats!


I recommend keeping active, eating healthy and taking prenatals. Besure to read as much as possible about being prego, as different trimesters are (obviously) different for the baby. Some months the baby benefits from tons of protein...etc.


Take care to get lots of rest (the first trimester is the worse, all your energy goes to the baby), but then it gets easier, until you are so big you have to have ten pillows positioned just right to get a wink of sleep, between the peeing..LOL.


Yoga and Swimming are excellent exercises while expecting.


Good luck!
Its very normal. You are making someone! That takes effort! Now go out and get the book What to Expect When Your Expecting. I went through many books over my three pregnancies, and thats the one i kept going back to. Its extremely detailed, well-written and easy to read. It also has way more info in it than most. Another good one is The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy, it is written in a funny context and gives some great advice. Now relax, grab a glass of milk, and settle down to read all there is to know about what is going on.
Being tired is soooo normal! i recommend you buy the book what to expect when your expecting! its a great book it really helped me out with so many questions i had about pregnancy! congratulations and good luck!
Congrats and enjoy it! You are very lucky because some of us have been trying to get where you are now for a while. Have a wonderful pregnancy!
Best advice...enjoy it!! I was never sick at all...only had itchy nipples. Enjoy the whole experience. I did, and can't wait to do it again.
Most importantly eat healthier and exercise regularly.
enjoy the following 8 months!!!!!!!!!
first of all congrats!!!second just dont do anything that will make u fall that will gove u a miscarrige!!!so be careful and eat right!!!
remember.. you're smoking for 2 now
congradulations i just had my baby and he is my first but anyways my pregnancy was easy just tired the whole entire time i will let u know enjoy ur sleep now cause your not goin to get it when the baby is born which is ok because the bundle of joy is all worth it. advice enjoy being pregnant it is a beautiful thing and before u know it u will have a baby to hold in ur arms good luck
my advice is to ignore 90% of advice you will be given!!! stick with what your doctor tells you, if you are uncomfortable switch doctors!
Congrats first off! Just remember your prenatals, exercise, and good nutrition. Enjoy it!
wooooooooow congrates..........just have goood nutrtion food...
Get the book what to expect when expecting-it will help you with any questions you may have-it really helped me with my first, I am sure it will do you well. Just take it easy and enjoy, congrats!!!!!
Well congratulations!! It is so exciting to be pregnant. Get ready for a wild ride with a lot of ups and downs! Yes being tired is a normal symptom. And I didnt get sick until I was 4 months!! I suggest that you just eat healthy and keep yourself hydrated. Also try to get some exercise in. Try walking! I really reccommend it! I was told to walk alot because it makes labor easier. I didnt listen and I was having conctractions for 4 days!! My labor went soooo slow! So start walkin girl!!
CONGRATS to all you women who are pregnant. My kids are now 36 and 33. Both of my pregnancies were the healthiest time of my life. I lOVED being pregnant. I wish I could do it all over again!!! Congrats again, and healthy happy babies to all!!!!!
yep!!! you will experience thing you never have before and sleepiness is something you get to look foward to for the rest of your life....haha... every woman is different so if you have any questions it is honestly best to ask your ob doctor he will not think you are silly.... expecially since its your first.... good luck and congrats
Enjoy your pregnancy and take a picture each week to show to your child some day... Congrats and best wishes!
Don't do tiring things, strains, exc... don't drink alcohol... if u want to eat s/t tell ur husband/boyfriend that u want it, if not ur child would have a birthmark... (that's a gd excuse 4 everything!)... and CONGRATULATIONS!!





Have fun w/ ur baby!! Would u prefer a daughter or a son? How will u call him/her? Do u already know it?





;-D Kisses
Good luck there is still alot to come just be easy on yourself and take care of your body eat healthy and go to the Dr on a regular basis usually every 4 weeks this early once again good luck!!!
congrats!!! pregnancy is such an awesome thing! I slept all the time for the first trimester...i was pooped. get what to expect when you're expecting, i turned to that book almost everyday! write things down, and just take it day by day. i know it's exciting to look forward to your next appt., but just savor the day!it goes by sssooooo quickly! and i didnt do any perineum massage, only one stitch. drink lots of water. Remember, everything you're doing is for two now! dont smoke or drink.
Congratulations! I'm sorry to tell you this but your symptoms may kick in in a couple more weeks. I was like you at first but then after 6 weeks I was sick as a dog and my boobs hurt like hell! The tiredness is normal too although I didn't suffer too much from this in the beginning. The only advice I can give you is just to take one day at a time, try not to worry too much, relax, get pampered and above all else, no matter how rough you might feel, really try to enjoy your pregnancy as it will be over before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment