Thursday, July 29, 2010

How realistic would it be for a woman who had a stillbirth leave the hospital against medical advice ?

my cousin told me that her friend did just that, because she didn't know how to deal w/ her emotions %26amp; freaked out.How realistic would it be for a woman who had a stillbirth leave the hospital against medical advice ?
Did she leave immediately afterward? I had a stillbirth, and though it was hard, they asked me to stay overnight for observation. I was away from the other moms though, in a secton where women who have hysterectomies and **** go. Like me, they can't keep her there. They just like to keep an eye on you after you give birth, no matter the scenario.


She has to know though, or should be told, even if she isn't in her right frame of mind, that she can get infected, and it can cause many problems. I had a friend who also had a stillborn baby, and even though she did everything the doctor said, he didn't. He didn't get all of the afterbirth out, and days later she was throwing up and it turned out she was infected. She called ther doctor and he said to go to the ER, and when she did, they took a pregnancy test, and my poor friend had to tell her that there was no chance when it came back positive because she just had a stillborn baby. In order to get the afterbirth out, she had to be put on medicine that basically put her in labor, for 10 days and it sucked, she said.


I know it's hard to deal with, but she can have serious consequences if she doesn't do what she is supposed to. Also, I do hope that she doesn't try to go out and get laid again to try to have another baby; i was told not to have anything, even tampons in my vagina for the full six weeks before my checkup. I hope all goes well with her, and if you can get this message to her, please do.How realistic would it be for a woman who had a stillbirth leave the hospital against medical advice ?
They cant keep her there but i think she maybe should have stayed so she could grieve with her baby properly.





I had a stillbirth at full term 11months ago because of a cord accident and my partner %26amp; i stayed in a home suite which was private and away from all the other mums and babies.





We stayed with our daughter for 3days and nights so we could bond with her, also i did not have the strength to leave her, she just looked like a sleeping baby so perfect, and i cherish those days i was able to stay with her it really helped the grieving process and i was able to bond. Just being with her made me feel happy. I went home when i was ready to say goodbye.





Your cousins friend maybe should have stayed it is a scary and traumatic experience but i think she would feel better in the long term to stay with her baby and to hold and just spend time with.
Yeah, they can't hold them down. That's the point of AMA, the hospital is not responsible if something happens as a result. Try to be supportive and convince her to see a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment